Aging and the Cardiovascular System; An in vivo and in vitro approach to the pre-clinical assessment of arterial stiffness – June 10, 2020
Hosted by Scintica Instrumentation, authorized distributor of Living Systems Instrumentation
This webinar will cover the following topics:
- Vascular stiffness, systemic arterial hypertension and other associated effects of aging on the cardiovascular system
- Pulse Wave Velocity (PWV) and Pressure Arteriography and how they can be used to assess arterial stiffness:
- PWV as the gold-standard for longitudinal, non-invasive estimates of arterial stiffness
- Pressure Arteriography and why it is essential for measuring isolated vessel structure and function to assess vascular activity
- A brief summary of relevant literature
NOTE: More events will be scheduled in the future. If you have a topic you would like to see covered in a future event, please send us a note (Click Here to Contact Us).
Gain useful insights on how to examine flow-induced dilation in isolated blood vessels using pressure myography from a recognized leader in the field, Dr. Éric Thorin.
Dr. Scott Earley (University of Nevada) and Dr. Gerry Herrera (Catamount Research and Development – Living Systems Instrumentation) review essential tools and techniques for studying function in isolated blood vessels using a pressurized arteriograph system.